NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Quick Seven Soldiers Notes

OK, first of all, both the last issue of Zatanna and the first of Frankenstein were great. Wonderful art both, though completely different in style. Good stories, great lines, and interesting meanings. My "sister" Jinah is in love with Frankenstein now. And I couldn't help myself but "touch" Zatanna's hand as she reached out for me.

Here are some quick, not-completely-formed thoughts:

1. The Seven Unknown Men seem to be some sort of metafictional device. Two ideas. They could all be different Grant Morrisons, who each wrote the different books. That sees unlikely. Also unlikely but a bit neater, what if (since they're all supposed to be previously-appearing characters) they're all comic writers that have appeared in DC comics? Morrison, Maggin, Schwartz counts . . .I dunno.

2. Zor = Moore? The name, the beard comment, the "bad" magic, in Morrison's mind . . .or is he the Johns/Winnick crew, trying to rewrite reality in a crap fashion?

Anyway, today is my last Make Believe War at Comic Book Galaxy for a while. Blogging here, writing a novel, planning a wedding, and my teaching duties are kind of pushing it aside for now. Hopefully I'll be able to come back to it at a later date.

Amazing Joy Buzzards last week was pretty frickin awesome, from the Yeti sex and Stevo's origin, to katana race car battles to everything else. I love love love that book, and I would even if my name and part of a review weren't printed on the inside back cover.

Gotta go do some other stuff. Enjoy, folks. Hope you had a great Turkey Day.

2 Love Letters:

Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

My novel isn't that kind of novel. It's a dumb 50-60K grindhouse pulpy thing. You know, the kind of novel that no one publishes anymore. It's a bigger waste of time than coming up with clever metaphors for comment replies.

10:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Zor is an old Spectre villain from the forties.

-LC

11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home