NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fantard Rampage

Haven't blogged much. Writing one of those novel things for NaNoWriMo. When I am a rich pulp writer, I'll forget all about you peons.

But here is a belated tribute to Fanboy Rampage. It is a link to some of the goddam stupidest things I've ever read.

It's about Gene Ha's cover to some Fantastic Four wedding book. Not his strongest work, but it's Gene Ha, people.

The Shadow: Man that was a fun comic!

Anyone know who did the cover art?

Thanks in advance!!!



Doom Hammer: I saw that cover in the previews...I have nightmares, man. Sue looked like a guy. A homely guy.


The Shadow: LOL

They should have got Greg Land to draw it!

I'm just curious who the artist is because I'll know to avoid whoever it is next time! LOL


Greg G-D Land?

Man, there's no saving these people.

26 Love Letters:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they're doing a special edition Randy Bowen bust of "Homely guy Sue." Get your pre-order in now!

10:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your response was priceless, Joe.

I have a hilarious mental image of you standing on your chair, shouting at your screen.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Thanks.

YOur mental image is pretty much accurate, except I was still sitting.

In underwear.

3:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, like these guys have never jerked off to a Gene Ha picture before.

There was a parade of people who have masturbated to Gene Ha pictures at SDCC last year, for christ's sake! Everybody does it!

5:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, like these guys have never jerked off to a Gene Ha picture before.

There was a parade of people who have masturbated to Gene Ha pictures at SDCC last year, for christ's sake! Everybody does it!

5:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorryfuckdouble.

5:06 PM

 
Blogger Ed said...

A picture of Gene Ha?

Ok, ok--guilty.

1:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe... The Shadow here!
The guy from CBR!

You should post the entire conversation, not select parts of it!

As I said there I am a fan of Ha's work... but you should also understand that not everyone will like what YOU do and be OK with that.

6:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go fuck yourself, Shadow.

If people don't like what we like they are wrong, and can eat my balls.

-Abraham Lincoln

2:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love honest Abe!

HAHAHAHA

What a sad and pathetic person you are.

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Liking Gene Ha is nice.

Liking Greg Land is worthy of ridicule.

8:46 PM

 
Blogger Alex! said...

We get the weirdest anonymous posters....


-a

10:40 PM

 
Blogger obsolete said...

Wait a minute...Abraham Lincoln...initials AL...Alabama is close to Tennessee...no, it couldn't be...

6:00 PM

 
Blogger Derek Ash said...

Would you guys keep it down in here? We can hear you in all the other blogs.

7:30 PM

 
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Gene Ha is a very handsome fellow who draws better than Greg Land.

He gets two big thumbs up.

1:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Liking Greg Land is worthy of ridicule."

Says the man who liked Superman/Shazam First Thunder. At some point, Joe, can you just accept that not everyone likes what you like (or vice versa) and move on? Or, in the interest of fairness, can you start hopping on the Comics Journal message board to crap all over anyone speaking favorably about Jeffrey Brown's work? It's just so fucking predictable at this point. People at CBR talking about something they like, up pops you: "It's just a shitty superhero comic, why do you care?" Just leave 'em alone for fuck's sake. (And haven't I read a million posts by you about how you don't go there anymore? What the hell?) This whole hierarchy of nerds is so goddamn tiresome.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Oh, fucking whine about it, why don't you? Ooooh, anonymous poster got his feelings hurt! Christ, fuck off.

Superman/Shazam was far from great comics, but at least Middleton can make acceptable art. I stand by my statement that anyone who likes Greg Land --wait. He's the tracy tracy guy, right?

Well, I'll admit I thought I was talking about Greg Horn, whose art is doubly worthy of ridicule.

But tracy-tracy doesn't work for me either.

I don't think I go crash people's love-threads at CBR. In this instance, it was quite the opposite. Good work being maligned by tasteless folks.

And sometimes it IS just a shitty superhero comic, and people need to not get so goddam upset about it. We've all done it, and it helps to take a step back and say, "Oh, oops. This is not worth wrath or ire. It's a dumb comic to begin with."

Listen, I've clearly hurt your feelings at some point and I'm sorry. That is not my intention. But when you come in here and bitch without even having the balls to identify yourself, I don't feel all that bad about it.

I don't think I'm better than you. I think some comics are better than others. Stop getting your panties in a bunch about that.

2:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only reason you like like gene ha is because he worked with alan moore.

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Actually, the only reason I like him is that he draws real good. Plenty of people worked with Alan Moore whose work I don't like. Anyway, are you Anonymous from before or a new faceless whiner?

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Alex! said...

MEMO TO THE WORLD:

This blog is a place for Joe and Paul and I to make obnoxious comments and generally act stupid and rave about stuff we like and make fun of stuff we don't.

Why get so pissed off about it? Is everyone out there so fucking insecure that the slightest knock at their taste send them into hysterics?

We spend plenty of time getting called snobs and elitists and hearing about how Grant Morrison is overrated. Who fucking cares? We don't flip out about it, we just proceed to make fun of more stuff. Opinions are like assholes, and this is where we air out our stinky buttholes. There is no pretense here that we are doing anything but bullshitting.

Why take it so personally? Who the fuck are we to get mad about? Two nerds that don't care whether or not Gene Ha draws hot women.

-a

2:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a new ananymous whiner. here's original anonymous whiner back again. Alex, thing is, I don't particularly like Greg Land's pencils, I think Gene Ha is far superior, and from all I've seen online, Rocketship is exactly the kind of comics shop I'd like to patronize (sadly, I no longer live in NYC). You're not attacking my taste, and neither is Joe, and you haven't hurt my feelings at all. I think Grant Morrison is a genius, thanks to Jim Hanley's Universe I found refuge from the crapfest that was the mainstream in the '90s and discovered Dan Clowes, Seth, Chester Brown, Los Bros Hernandez and more. For the most part, your taste is my taste. Feel free to rant over here all you want, but I just don't see the point of pointing fingers at folks on other message boards and calling them idiots for their taste in comics. Either they'll get some taste or they won't, but calling them dipshits for liking what they like isn't going to change their minds. Maybe they'll get tired of the repetitive superhero stuff and try new things or they won't. And Joe, when your title is "fantard rampage" and you refer to the posters as "these people," I think it does seem like you think you're "better" than them, all because you prefer a different corner of comics than they do. And if that's what you want, go nuts. The only reason I occasionally visit this blog is because I enjoy your writing when you're waxing rhapsodic about something you like, but, for me, the open hostility to those folks who don't follow your personal taste has gotten tiresome. Still, fuck it, it's your blog, do what you want, it's not like I'm paying you for it.

3:21 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

We disagree here, nameless one. You can make fun of a stupid opinion without thinking you yourself are some Golden God of genius. I watch America's Funniest Home Videos and laugh whenever I fart. We all have silly opinions and it's funny to point them out.

With the case in question here, it was genuinely one of the most shockingly odd things for people to say that I just had to share it. I'm sure these guys with bad taste are excellent human beings. They're likely better folks than I am.

That doesn't mean it's not OK to point out they're wrong from time to time.

And you're not paying me to do this? Well, then, that eliminates several of the possible candidates as to Who You Are.

3:28 PM

 
Blogger Alex! said...

Anonymous-

You make a good point.

I guess our only defense it's that's it's really hard to write those positive things, and we are lazy.

I am going to try and be more positive, though. You made some good sense.

-a

3:53 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Dammit.

You're both right.

Pointing and laughing at someone is lazy. Even when they're saying something really, really stupid.

4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe Rice said...
"Actually, the only reason I like him (Gene Ha) is that he draws real good."

Yet he can't draw Sue Storm as a woman!

The Shadow

1:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

牙醫,植牙,矯正,矯正牙齒,批發,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,痘痘,肉毒桿菌,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,網路行銷,自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,高雄婚紗,街舞,小產,雞精,性感,辣妹

1:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home