NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Coming Soon!

Get ready for...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh how silly!
Do you think that's ridiculous? Of course you do! Well, on Bizarro World, where it's called "Sexy Chix", it's coming soon from a major publisher. On Bizarro world, BIZARRO LOIS NO MAKE COMICS! WOMEN IN COMICS AM STRANGE! BIZARRO MAKE ANTHOLOGY SHOWING HOW FEW WOMEN MAKE COMICS, IGNORING THE MANY MANY POPULAR FEMALES IN ALTERNATIVE PUBLISHING! DESPITE YEARS AND YEARS OF TOP NOTCH WOMEN CARTOONISTS, BIZARRO ANTHOLOGY WILL FEATURE MANY WRITERS WHO NO DRAW AT ALL!

ON BIZARRO WORLD, "SEXY CHIX" AM GREAT TITLE!

Oh, wait. That's not on Bizarro World at all.

Uh oh....

(This post brought to you by the Bizarro World Chamber of Commerce)

15 Love Letters:

Blogger Alex! said...

Here at LTUWR, we have two goals.

1. Hurting comics.
2. Breaking Lea Hernandez.

Mission Accomplished.

9:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, that's hilarious. Good to know you're up to good work Kamandi ^_^

Andre

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Alex! said...

okay-

I never saw this, but now I feel stupid:

http://thehouseofl.blogspot.com/2005/10/id-buy-three-copies.html

I apologize for being late and lame.

-a

10:28 AM

 
Blogger obsolete said...

The problem with Earth-2 Leigh's is that all those dudes actually are pretty hunky.

I mean, if you go in for hunky dudes.

Which I do.

Don't. I meant "don't." I don't like women. I mean, no. That's not what I meant.

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Mark Fossen said...

Aren't most comics anthologies "anthologies of men cartoonists"?

12:20 PM

 
Blogger m b blissett said...

Grant Morrison is fairly sexy, though. If you were going down that route, you could throw in Joe Csey, Matt Fraction, Joe Kelly, Geoff Johns, none of whom have been beaten with the ugly stick

12:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny! Is Alan Moore trying to keep his brain from reaching out and killing Peter David?

2:24 PM

 
Blogger mapletree7 said...

ok, but Neil Gaiman actually is hot.

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Sophie Yanow said...

girls r bettr.

7:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize that none of those guys are actual cartoonists. They're all writers.
-greg

1:41 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I believe that's (part of) the point, greg. Aren't several of the ladies, er, I mean "chix" writers and not cartoonists?

5:54 AM

 
Blogger Alex! said...

Alan moore and grant m. are cartoonists. they just choose not to draw anymore.

7:18 AM

 
Blogger Spencer Carnage said...

I was all ready to fight for the honor of my boy, Leigh, but you made good with the apology. Commence with the funny.

2:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... I look forward to Hunky Guyz, the anthology of male creators with a cover featuring photos of Brian Michael Bendis, Brian K. Vaughan and Harvey Pekar.
http://fanboyrampage.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_fanboyrampage_archive.html#112386232368692537
Friday, Aug 12th

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Earth-2 Leigh said...

Ah, now I know how more than three people saw mine. Thanks.

I like yours too, especially the football. And that whole "commentary" thing I tend to leave out.

Of course Graeme wins, for subconsciously implanting both the idea and the word 'Hunky' in my mind.

6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home