NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

MY HEART BEATS FAST

Okay.

Superman is back now.

And not the one that has extended domestic conversations with his wiife and bores us all to tears.

SUPERMAN IS BACK!

The real one, the one that saves everyone, all the time, and lives in a world of super science and amazing nonsense and can bench press a quintillion tons. He can do things we can't even desribe in words, and this is the Superman that made the world love superheroes. This is the man from Krypton that came from the sky to do only good and protect us from evils we can't imagine... He loves the most beautiful reporter in the Biggest city, and his best friend has a jetpack. He always saves the day, even when we have no idea how he's gonna do it....

This is the MAN OF STEEL, and I don't know where he's been, but he's back....

SUPERMAN IS BACK!!!!

12 Love Letters:

Blogger T. said...

Wow, the return of Earth-2 Superman in Infinite Crisis #2 wowed you that much?

9:46 PM

 
Blogger Benari said...

Great Rao! It's excellent, ain't it?

10:32 PM

 
Blogger Alex! said...

t. wins

12:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake said "Too much genius for 22 pages."

Jake buddy... you REALLY need to read Alan Moore's Superman for real genius. The drek of today is NOTHING compared to what Moore wrote.

2:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above post is courtesy of...

The Shadow

2:45 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

We've got our own personal angry nerd, guys! We've hit the big time!

7:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe said "We've got our own personal angry nerd, guys! We've hit the big time!"

Not angry... just saddened by the fact people liked this comic and think it was great.

Read Alam Moore... seriously... Joe, you should know who he is... Ha worked with him.

In all fairness I usually like Morrison... I have all of Seven Soldiers, his Doom Patrol, JLA, WE3 and so on... but I was disappointed in this. I don't know... maybe the expectations were too high and just weren't reachable. Regardless if it doesn't improve after #2 I'm dropping the book.

1:08 PM

 
Blogger obsolete said...

You were saddened that people liked a book?

There was a time when I was saddened that people liked a book. It was "Identity Crisis." I was very high and mighty and moralistic about it. But that's because I'd never been so offended by a capes-and-tights book before. When I realized I was actually saddened/angered by how OTHER PEOPLE felt about it, I also realized I had my own head up my ass.

What I'm trying to say is, why do you have your head up your ass, Shadow?

3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul said "You were saddened that people liked a book?

There was a time when I was saddened that people liked a book. It was "Identity Crisis." I was very high and mighty and moralistic about it. But that's because I'd never been so offended by a capes-and-tights book before. When I realized I was actually saddened/angered by how OTHER PEOPLE felt about it, I also realized I had my own head up my ass.

What I'm trying to say is, why do you have your head up your ass, Shadow? "

No Paul... more "sad in the fact people don't know what a GOOD comic is anymore" than sad you liked it.

How's this: I find it pathetic people liked All Star Superman becausde it was crap and simply because Morrison wrote it people assume it'll be good... and because Morrison wrote it people will pathetically support his drek."

How's that?

The Shadow

12:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Shadow, it isn't good enough. Not nearly. Especially not if you're posting it here where you KNOW everybody loves ASS...

(Heh. Ass. SO FUNNY! has anyone else thought of this?)

So you better start backing it up, buddy, or I'll have no choice but to think you're just trying to be a prick. You loved We3 and JLA but hate this? You think the emperor has no clothes? Fucking prove it then. Provide some reasoning, I dare you. 'Cause I'm not buying it.

I call bullshit, Shadow.



Hleni

1:50 AM

 
Blogger Alex! said...

" I'll have no choice but to think you're just trying to be a prick."

That is an interesting theory you have.

-a

9:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Alex is secretly The Shadow. It's like a split-personality thing, like that really cool Sentry guy with the wicked cape and fucked-up house that so rocks. Fight the Shadow, Alex! No, stop, Alex, you're fighting yourself, man! Whoa! It's like Alex is a metaphor for all of us! Dude!

I'm blown!

Let's go surfing!

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home