NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Brand New Superheroes Pt. II

So yesterday I started posting descriptions of superheroes my students were making up. I told them I talked about them online and they got really excited. It also amped up their creative output today, so that's cool. If they get to finish their fiction stories in writer's workshop, we're going to turn them into comics. Hopefully I can create a site or another blog or something to share these bits of genius with the world. But you care not for my future plans. You care only for awesome new superheroes.

Liberty Man: Liberty Man can steal other people's powers and use them against them. [I wonder if Edward means this as some sort of political allegory.] (Created by Edward L.)

Speed Demon: Runs very fast. So does Speed Demon Girl. Speed Demon Jr. can turn into anything. Speed Demon Girl has a friend Devil Cat who can climb walls. (Created by Nayeski R.)

Phoebe: Phoebe is pretty and can move things with her mind. (Created by Kaira G.)

Buttman: Buttman can fly and is super strong. If he slaps his own butt, it turns into stone. (Created by Taquan P.)

Gorilla Man: Half gorilla, half man. He is strong and can lift up a building. He is a good guy. (Created by Taquan P.)

Dino Woman: Dino Woman wears a red and black suit. She has high heels that can climb up walls. She has lasers and other weapsons, too. (Created by Kiara B.)

Arrow-Wing: She has a bow and arrow that can shoot ice, fire, and other things. She can fly. (Created by Rodney P.)

More, of course, as I get them.

4 Love Letters:

Blogger Bill Reed said...

These range from "cute" to "genius," they do. Glad to see you've turned them into Grant Morrison nerds, as well.

6:43 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Only the best for my little 'uns. I'm actually REALLY excited about this unit now.

6:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man! I'm torn here. They are all good.

I can't tell if Joe just created the first ever FanFic Sweatshop;

...or if he is being Yoda to the future comic book writers of America.

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

FanFic Sweatshop

We prefer "young person's working environment."

3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home