NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pics from the li'l sis

Jinah the inlaw brought her camera to the recent Rocketship party/signing. She took many pictures. I will show some of them to you now. You will enjoy them. Perhaps you will comment below! Or you will link. It is up to you.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you have a comic signing:

People love great comics.

Anders Nilson: human signing machine!

Oh, my hand, it hurts so much . . .

IT WILL HURT MORE SOON!

Sammy Harkham basks in the attention of the adoring public. No, you may not touch the beard!

Belle of the Ball?

Kevin Huizenga signs for infrequent blogger Brant.

So how do you pronounce your last name?

Bloggas always be talkin' shit! (The best part was when many of the attending bloggers circled around Heidi and curried for her favor like some medieval court.)

Don't step to bloggas lest you want a nasty post aimed at you!

This was the first meeting of the Rocketship No Boys Allowed! club.

Joe Rice is dreamy!

Represent

Beer monsters were always trying to take my beer.

Amy saw the monsters, too.

Comics and fashion: like the internet and complaining, natural partners

TCJ + Vogue

Overall, everyone gave it a big, happy Dave Yeah!

Fuck Yeah!

14 Love Letters:

Blogger Alex! said...

That is one fine lookin' comics shop.

Delicious!

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Sophie Yanow said...

So why are so many "cool" comics fans so much older than me? I shall never feel at home. :'(

And yeah. That comic shop is a classy bitch.

12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a great looking shop. It's good to get to see a little more of the shop, especially for those of us living 1000+ miles away.

I like that you guys have SOLO and Seven Soldiers in big displays by themselves. And I see that All-Star Superman was in a high traffic area to help lure people to its awesomeness. Good.

But is that a "Prelude to Infinite Crisis" trade I see? I'm surprised. I though IC would be banned in your store. :)

12:38 PM

 
Blogger Ed said...

Why do I look like I'm plotting to kill you or your little sister in that picture of us blogger nerds?

IF YOU SAY OCCAM'S RAZOR I WILL CUT YOU WITH IT JOE RICE.

Sophie,

So why are so many "cool" comics fans so much older than me?

Because their parents knocked boots before your parents knocked boots (and good to see you blogging again, by the way)?

I have to say, the best, best, best thing there was the young kid with the backing board who wanted to know who were the artists so he could get their autographs. He had to be eight or ten, and wanted autographs from Huizenga, Harkham and Nilsen, and asked for them by name.

If I ever have a kid, I want him or her to be just. like. that.

2:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If I ever have a kid, I want him or her to be just. like. that."

If you ever have a kid they'll just be a clueless, pathetic dork like you. ;)

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Ed said...

Point.

10:36 PM

 
Blogger obsolete said...

Was that anonymous comment really made better by the use of a winky?

And great photos, but Joe really needs to wash brand new shirts or iron them or something to get those creases out. Yikes.

;)

12:20 AM

 
Blogger Kevin Church said...

That's not a crease in the cloth.

That's a crease in Joe.

9:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud to see that you, Joe, as I do, do the 'forehead wrinkle' everytime you are photographed.
I always thought I was the only one, and to be in the same boat as such a keen thinker as yourself makes may heart fair swell with pride.
It makes me think I might someday think keen thoughts myself.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger obsolete said...

But do you wrinkle your torso as well?

Keep practicing.

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Scott M said...

Damn!!

I wanted to be the first to comment on Joe's wrinkled shirt. My joke was going to be something like: "Joe should march that Penguin straight to the dry cleaners!".

Too late, I guess. I am glad the party was such a success.

3:04 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

You people try to live out of a shopping bag at your fiancee's apartment! Goddammit!

3:07 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Jeske said...

dang! Comics bloggers actually get to meet each other? I guess you are in NYC, after all...

how many years till we have blogger cons? I shudder to think...

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Dominic O'Rourke said...

I'm so inspired I''m going to have my very own signing - now to just get people to come...

Dom

4:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home