NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Post-Independence Links and Stuff

I hope everyone had a happy America Day, or, as my fiancee's dog thinks of it, THE SCARIEST DAY OF THE YEAR. He's terrified of fireworks. We're pretty sure he thinks they are giant bears coming to get him. I'd suggest that all of you, the world over, celebrate yesterday's Independence Day by buying one more independent comic than you usually would. And, no, Dark Horse and Image don't count. Just give one a shot, it won't hurt, I promise.

Yesterday also saw a new Make-Believe War column at the New Comic Book Galaxy. Check it out. Oh, and I suppose you could check out the other things like Miller's excellent look at Seven Soldiers, Mike Sterling's column, etc. Good things abound.

Brant just emailed me a cool link and I'm going to poach and post it before he can. It's a website devoted to ads found in 80s comics. It's sad that advertising can bring such memories back.

Frequent commenter Bill Reed has his blog back in production. So go check out The Lithium Age. You'll be glad you did. (Anything with panels from Kill Your Boyfriend has to be pretty good.) I like his take on "the new mainstream." It needn't be a codeword for "action stories without superheroes." Appeal to EVERYONE (at different times) and more people will start reading.

Anyway, I'm off. THINGS to do in this vakay-time of my life. Enjoy yourselves, workaday stiffs!

6 Love Letters:

Blogger Bill Reed said...

Ooo, I remember some of those 80's ads. They should really do a modern Kool-Aid-Man game. Or just have him as a playable character in the next Grand Theft Auto.

Oh, and thanks for the, er, "shout out," as the kids do say. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the bloggy semi-regularly updated. Coming soon: Flex Mentallo.

Good Make-Believe War, also. That stubble *does* kick ass.

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Thengkew, thengkew. And no, so that this is not a mutual love society message board thing:

you stink like death.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Bill Reed said...

Yo' momma.

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

There, good, exactly

Shit, there I go again.

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Rice! You're not working?

BASTARD!!

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Teaching public school: ten months or so of agony, two of beautiful joy.

9:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home