NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Items!

Item! Dan Clowes is a really nice guy. Met him at a signing last night and he was, by far, the least awkward indie great I've ever met. While that's not necessarily high praise, he was indeed charming. AND it turns out he wanted to name his son Joe, probably because he had heard of me subconsciously. If you haven't yet, get Ice Haven. Clowes, with Moore, is one of the two best writers in comics today AND he draws purdy.

Item! I haven't read all this week's comics yet, but HOLY SHIT did Grant Morrison make sweet love to my brain this week. Klarion and Vinamarama were amazing pieces of thought candy that exploded inside me and made my happy neurons expand. Days of Vengeance was "eh," GI Joe was not worth a quarter, and JLA: Classified trudged back to clicheville with alarming speed.

Item! Seth Fisher can DRAW!

Item! Geoff Johns given even more directorial power of the DCU! I can't wait to see how much more boring it can get!

Item! Keep checking out the New Comic Book Galaxy, as there's new content daily and I'm working on my next column ALREADY!

EXTRA Item! Cameron Stewart draws in-jokes in Manhattan Guardian!

2 Love Letters:

Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I got this JLA: Classified based on how good the last issue was. This was more dumbery from talented people. The swishy "accent" was just the last straw.

2:24 PM

 
Anonymous Parma Plumbers said...

Hi great readingg your blog

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home