NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Girls and Comics

First off, yesterday I added Gumpop to the Almost As Right As We blog list. It's a fun blog about comics and indie rock run by Sophie, who seems to be the girl I tried to turn every girl I knew into when I was younger. Good stuff, good links, and I love how she described us:

And speaking of snark, the dudes over at Listen to Us, We're Right are pretty damn full of themselves. But when you get past the first impressions, they do seem rather sweet. Unless they're talking about things they dislike. Then it gets nasty.


So check it out and enjoy.

Secondly, I recently got an email from my "little sister" (soon-to-be-sister-in-law) about the recent batch of comics she borrowed from me. Here's the good part:

i liked that other one. the one that's related to
hellboy. what was it about it that i liked? i dunno. its relation to
hellboy. the relationship betw. the fire girl and the general. those
frog-monsters. the ending was awesome. love that icebox. i think hellboy
is like the one comic where everytime you get to a scene where someone's
about to uncover or journey into some dark and horrible place and youre
totally shirking from it and shitting in your pants not to go, the
characters are always just so damn cool and fearless. like it's nothing.
to them its not extraordinary like war. this terrible stuff is what their
lives are made of! deep thoughts by ida


Isn't that really one of the amazing things about Mignola's writing? The casual cool of the outlandish and horrific. The unusual mixture of natural behavior and unnatural activity.

8 Love Letters:

Blogger obsolete said...

Joe = Full of Himself

Alex = Nasty

Paul = Rather Sweet

Brant = when

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

YOU ARE SWEET, YOU GIRL!

4:48 PM

 
Blogger obsolete said...

NO, JUST KIDDING, HA HA, I AM A REAL BAD BOY, TOO

I SNORT TOBACCO AND LAUGH AT DWEEBS

4:59 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Too late, Paula.

5:03 PM

 
Blogger Sophie Yanow said...

Paul, I like your breakdown.

This post led me to hardcore dance uncontrollably.

In my workplace.

Thanks. :)

8:02 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Such is our power. WE CONTROL YOUR DANCING!

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Ed said...

I recently got an email from my "little sister" (soon-to-be-sister-in-law)

Is it wrong to make Kentucky jokes now?

If so, I'm gonna. Because you take me to a bad place.

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Damn you, you goddam Yank.

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home