NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Quick pre-morning notes

New Make-Believe War up.

Wintermen has found a new fan in my soon-to-be-sister-in-law. Even the fiancee couldn't help but read through it.

Not comic, but geek-related: I actually put on the TV last night to watch some of Fox's Sunday shows, remembering that used to be really funny. The Simpsons wasn't awful, but it wasn't funny, either. That live action show after it was fucking terrible. And Family Guy, as always, had maybe one funny joke and a LOT of trying to hard. Well, that's another night I don't have to bother with TV.

10 Love Letters:

Blogger Kevin Church said...

Oh, the Simpsons was like getting kicked right in your prolapsed rectum, it was so sad to watch. There was a single joke that I laughed at and the rest of the time was spent with my back to the TV, writing up my hate screeds for that abortion of a live-action sitcom with Michael Rappaport. I used to really not mind him, either.

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Bill Reed said...

God, that was an incredibly bizarre Simpsons episode. The show has sucked for years.

Family Guy, however, I liked. "Reagan smash!" etc. Not as consistently hilarious as it used to be, but I'm hoping they'll get back into the groove.

American Dad is growing on me.

And I forgot to watch Adult Swim again. Dammit.

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I can't stand those Family Guy shows. I really can't. They occasionally have a joke that works, but in general they seem tedious to me.

It's just Arrested Development for me now. Maybe that Earl show. I like Jason Lee.

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Joe and me, we're totally like spiritual brothers. I loathe Family Guy. And people still quote it to me like I care.

Grar!

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Can I be the bully/athletic brother? I don't want to be the artistic brother this time.

4:53 PM

 
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Shut up and give me your lunch money, wimp!

6:01 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Wait a second . . .haven't you posted quite a bit about 80s-style synthpop bands like Depeche Mode?

You're the sensitive one, Kevin.

6:08 PM

 
Blogger Kevin Church said...

I also like dirty, snarly nasty electopunk that I can listen to while I shake you down for your math homework before mom comes home.

You pay up or I'll tell that girl you like about the Air Supply cassingles you keep under your pillow.

11:12 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin. Whereas in some circles, punk might still be considered manly, if you add the prefix "electro" onto anything, you've dived straight into pure modern foppery.

5:36 AM

 
Blogger Kevin Church said...

...

I hate you, Joe Rice. And your little dog.

5:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home