NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Love Hurts

In college, I had a pal named the Captain. He had some traits I considered a bit eccentric. One was, before a night of hard partying, Cap would prepare himself with "Love Hurts" by Nazareth. I prefered "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC. I couldn't understand the appeal of the treacly ballad, but it worked for him.

In related news, Lea Hernandez had a great bit a while ago about hurting comics at the VERY spotty Great Curve. (I mean seriously, on the one hand you've got the very almost as right as I am ADD and on the other, some of these guys coddle even Geoff Johns! What the POOP?) Highlights, for me, included:

When you think "by fans, for fans" is a big old RUN AWAY SCREAMING signal: you're hurting comics.
When you object to tits, ass and crotch on "strong female characters": you're hurting comics.
When you don't think someone is the shit just because their cultists say so: you're hurting comics.
When you dare to criticize: you're hurting comics.


Right on, Lea. Right on.

4 Love Letters:

Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Ooooo-oooo-ooo-oooooooh, love hurts.

6:02 AM

 
Blogger Ed said...

Your love hurts, Joe. My love doesn't.

It's been far too long since I've made a small penis joke. That feels much better.

8:28 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

"...at the VERY spotty Great Curve. (I mean seriously, on the one hand you've got the very almost as right as I am ADD and on the other, some of these guys coddle even Geoff Johns! What the POOP?)"

I believe that it's called Diversity. There is no Hive Mind there, Joe.

But please keep joining the fray.

8:20 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

There's diversity and then there's . . .wild divergence. But, yeah, I'll keep stopping by.

8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home