NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Monday, March 21, 2005

Comics are fucking GREAT

Jesus Christ I love comic books!

They are so awesome that it hurts most of my body. It is true.

We all know there's a lot of awful shit out there. Just pure crapola. And I'm sure, from time to time, we'll talk about here.

But I want to start this new blog off by saying that comics are the bee's knees. A GREAT comic is up there with great works of any medium. When I read Seven Soldiers, The Goon, or Amazing Joy Buzzards I consider leaving my fiancee and marrying a big pile of paper. (Boy, it's a good thing she doesn't know I'm starting a new blog.)

So, yeah, here we are. Alex and I used to be at Comics Should Be Good, a grand old blog indeed. Something told us to move on and stop sullying that place with our posts. That thing was Brian Cronin. Just kidding! It was just some sort of instinct. It was time to move on.

This blog is here for us to type on. You can type on it too when we type on it and you have something to type about it. We'll be talking comics. The shit we hate, and (hopefully mostly) the shit we love. It's not going to be regular, we'll just post when we have something to say. Might be some other posters eventually, we'll see. But, the truth is, this thing is mainly so we can say what we want when we want in the way we want. If you don't find it entertaining or interesting or informative, I'd not be surprised one whit. But hopefully someone (even if it's only us) will get a kick out of the typing that we do.

So, enough of this self-aware horseshittery, let's get on with the comics talk. And always remember: Listen to US because we are RIGHT.

Your pal,

Joe

7 Love Letters:

Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Looks good.

5:05 PM

 
Blogger obsolete said...

I HATE IT.

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

It hates you, P-dot.

8:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you didn't give up on the comics commentary when you left CSBG. While I'll miss reading Cronin and Alex's posts right after each other, sheerly for the contrast, it's good to see that you'll both have a forum to talk comics.

9:33 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Shut up, Curran!

9:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Much better.

6:54 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Thanks, Anonymous!

6:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home