NO FIWOTTS ALLOWED!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I love my fiancee

I just got my anniversary present from her. It's fucking awesome and I'm going to brag a bit right here. Every year The New Yorker does a series of classes, discussions, and such with prominent artists, writers, and thinkers. Lisa bought me tickets to three of the events this year. First, Anarchy and Animation, with Tad Friend, Brad Bird, Matt "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" Maliellaro, Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Dave Willis. Awesome, right? Well, next comes Tony Ellis, Earl Scruggs, Pete Wernick, and Charles Wood talk with Steve Martin: A Conversation in Music, about the banjo. I love banjo music. AND IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER! Next is the Master Class for the Graphic Novel with Charles Burns and Chris Ware.

Of course, I found out in a weird way. She took the pages that list them and ripped them up, putting the pieces for each in a different envelope. I got to put them together while Korean barbecue filled my nostrils. Dude! In two days I'll get to see Steve Martin and Chris Ware! How awesome is that?

I'm so pumped. It'll be in about a month. She's going with me to the first two. Yay for Lisa! Yay for me! Yay for the New Yorker! Yay for everything!

8 Love Letters:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Four words: Steve Martin. Camera phone.

9:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky bastard.

-Dan

1:13 AM

 
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Very nice job by Lisa!!

Congrats, Joe, on such a cool present!

2:22 AM

 
Blogger Domenick Bartuccio said...

Joe, you're too lucky.

Stop it. Immediately.

Or I will have to cry, and it will embarras you.

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

No stoppin me now, lads!

10:45 AM

 
Blogger by Jim MacQuarrie said...

Hey, what's the difference between a banjo and a trampoline?

We take our boots off to jump on a trampoline!

What's the least-used sentence in the english language?

"isn't that the banjo player's Porsche?

Kidding. I love the banjo too. Yay for you. And you have a good fiancee. Don't screw it up.

Congrats!

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

How could I possibly screw it up? It's not like there's any evidence that I have another girlfriend. Ooops I SHOULD HAVE NOT TYPED THAT!!!

11:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about masterpiece banjo stelling. You can check it out at masterpiece banjo stelling

12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home